About Me

My photo
100% American. Discuss: Current events, Politics, Sports, Jokes and most other topics.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Thoughts… Rush Limbaugh, Boycotts, Apologies and Hypocrisy.

I have always said that I am fair and honest. Hopefully this will validate my claim. 

I was an avid Rush Limbaugh listener, letter reader and Rush 24/7 subscriber.  That is no longer the case.  Why? Hypocrisy. When he was busted for the Oxycontin abuse and insisted that he was not a hypocrite I lost all respect for him.  He went on and on to justify his failure.  I had enough and stopped listening and subscribing.  Politically, I agree with Rush, but I have a higher standard. His denial of hypocrisy lost me as a subscriber and fan.

So what does he do?  Fail again.  He should have never apologized for his comments in regards to Ms. Fluke.  Stand by your beliefs, your 1st Amendment right, and defend them both.  He lost sponsors that overreacted to something most of us believe to be true and politically motivated.  His apology was not sincere; it was all about the money.  I will now boycott the sponsors, especially Sleep Number.  Rush put them on the map.  They are a disgrace and owe him for their success. 

Something more hypocritical is the MSM coverage of this incident. We all know about similar statements made towards Sarah Palin and Laura Ingraham.  Those were blatant personal attacks.  Any boycotts?  Heck no!  Although Rush apologized, I do not believe what he said was a personal attack.

Decide for yourself, but I am so tired of hypocrisy…on the Left or Right.

~ 3Jeeps3

No comments:

Post a Comment