About Me

My photo
100% American. Discuss: Current events, Politics, Sports, Jokes and most other topics.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Thoughts… Planned Parenthood vs. Komen et al.

I used to contribute to the Susan G. Komen Foundation for the same reason I donate to other charities. I want to help people in need. It took me a while, but once I heard they supported Planned Parenthood I sent my dollars to different women’s causes.  Then I heard they pulled their contributions and was back on board.  I applauded the Komen decision because it stood in the face of the Pro-Abortion activists.

I never tell anyone to support anything unless they believe in it.  So, if you support Planned Parenthood’s cause that is your choice.  It is not for me to challenge. That’s true Pro-Choice.  We choose to support what we believe in.   At the same time, don’t challenge me.

So then I did some research and boy did I learn.  If you plan to boycott all charities and businesses that give to Planned Parenthood you better be ready to live on an island. I could not believe what I read.  I know, they are being politically correct and support all causes to avoid lawsuits.  Personally I find it spineless.  Every company I have worked for in the last 12 years (3) matches’ donations to Planned Parenthood.   

I am keeping this short because I do not want to debate the abortion issue. I have my beliefs and you have yours.  But I am going to have to reconsider my boycott of Komen.  I never stopped wearing the pink, but I may as well donate.  Most of the money goes to the true cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment