About Me

My photo
100% American. Discuss: Current events, Politics, Sports, Jokes and most other topics.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Thoughts… The Appreciation of Tebow… A Lesson in Discrimination


Yes, I said it…appreciation.  Most of the MSM mocks Tim Tebow and his faith.  I for one, do not.   Judging him based on his faith is wrong. Right?  Don’t most players from both teams gather at the end of games and pray like Tebow?  Yes they do!  The MSM is too busy running commercials and moving on to the next show.   Unless you are present, you may never know.

So what is my point?  This is an anti-Christian movement.   The MSM can’t hide it during the game, but they don’t show the after game prayers.  I think the fact that Tim Tebow is the most popular athlete says a lot about the silent majority.  We are a Judeo-Christian nation. Christians and the Jewish are typically private. We do not believe God determines the outcome of a game, but he does allow us to utilize our given gifts if we choose to use them.  Anyone that thinks otherwise is ignorant.

The people that celebrate any failure of Tebow should be ashamed of themselves.  Didn’t we root for Dan Marino in his rookie year? … unless you were a 49ers fan, but that is understandable.  How about Roger Staubach the veteran, Terry Bradshaw, little Joe Montana, Troy Aikman and so on?  OK, I was bitter as an Eagles fan, but I rooted for the young guys to succeed.  It makes for a better NFL.  So why not root for Tebow?  I think I made my point.

Instead the MSM chooses to celebrate felons, criminals, punks, and disrespectful players.   I don’t own a football team and never will.  But these players are influential on society.  I choose to support the positive influences.  My children do not like Mike Vick.  How can I disagree? I tell them that I like the Eagles but don’t determine the roster.  As an adult, it is a team thing for me.  As a dog lover, I can never defend him. Forgive, but never forget.

I live in MD and Donte Stallworth is a good receiver.  He played for the Eagles, Ravens and Redskins.  All are local to my area.  Would I consider getting my children his jersey?  Heck no.  He served time for a conviction of DUI manslaughter.  Why did the NFL let him back? My children do not have to be an Eagles fan like me.  That is why I gave them Tim Tebow’s “Young Reader’s Edition” to read.  They will decide which team they like.  But my job as a parent is to encourage positive influences.  Tim Tebow is a positive role model.

~3Jeep3

No comments:

Post a Comment